EURAFRI and CTS GNU Health Hosting Project
Based on massive requests of the EURAFRI ambassadors the EURAFRI Networking team and the IT specialists on CTS Germany GMBH (https://cts.at/cts-deutschland-gmbh/) started a health related hosting project to make electronic health and hospital information systems available to everybody. The instances runs awarded free and open source GNU Health software.
The GNU Health Project
GNU Health is a free/libre health and hospital information system with strong focus on public health and social medicine. Its functionality includes management of electronic health records and laboratory information management system. It uses PostgreSQL as its database engine. It is written in Python and uses the Tryton framework as one of its server components.
GNU Health has been adopted by the United Nations University. In 2011, it became a GNU official package. It was awarded Best Project of Social Benefit from the Free Software Foundation at LibrePlanet 2012, at University of Massachusetts Boston. GNU Health is a project of GNU Solidario, a non-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) that works in the areas of health and education with free software. GNU Health started in 2008 by Luis Falcón as a project for health promotion and disease prevention in rural areas. Its initial name was Medical. It has since evolved into a hospital information system, with a multi-disciplinary international team of contributors. In August 2011, Richard Stallman declared GNU Health an official GNU Package. Following this, development was moved from SourceForge to GNU Savannah.
GNU Health is intended for health institutions and governments, with functionality to take care of the daily clinical practice, manage resources, and to improve public health.
Find more info here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Health
The EURAFRI / CTS Hosting solution
CTS IT Specialists and their 35 years of experience created the best solution for you:
- Hosting on very secure servers within the EU
- Each instance is protected by a fully separated and encrypted OpenVPN connection
- Users are able to download their backup files to local systems
- very cheap to use, no setup fees, great hosting support
- no lock in. full backup can be downloaded
- Migration of existing GNU Health server to our service is possible
- Using free and Open Source Software only
Based on the above setup it is possible to securely and with full encrypted traffic use a instance from 1-n users. Full Tryton / GNU Health Administrator access is available. Currently the instances runs GNU Health 3.6.4.
There are some public accessible, auto resetting, demos available on one server. So if interested contact us to discuss your requirements.
Requirements to access the demo
- download and setup free Open Source OpenVPN Client from https://openvpn.net/community-downloads/
- you will receive a ovpn file from us
- right click on OpenVPN in the task bar and import file
- right click on OpenVPN in the task bar and connect
You need these settings to not block other Internet activities while being connected:
- Connect to your VPN
- Press Win + R and execute ncpa.cpl
- Right-click the VPN connection and go to Properties → Networking
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and go to Properties → Advanced
- Uncheck Use default gateway on remote network and click OK
- (optional) Repeat the previous steps for Internet Protocol Version 6
- (Re)connect to your VPN
- Connect to your VPN
- Edit config, click IPv4, click Routes, set the checkbox to route only resources of the vpn network
- (Re)connect to your VPN
Tryton Client Setup
You need Tryton Client 5.0 currently!
This one is e.g. available as package for Debian Linux and others. All other downloads are here:
For Windows it is available here:
Check you package Manager for Tryton CLient first, but there is also a native Linux GNU Health Client available using pip3:
- pip3 install –user –upgrade gnuhealth-client
- Details here: https://en.m.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/Installation
Setup should be done in a few Minutes. After all is done, start the Client, create a profile as told by the support team and connect to the demo.
Full documentation of the GNU Health Software is here:
The projects support mailing list is here:
Feel free to mail email@example.com to get in touch.
Please remember we are in time zone UTC+2 and our opening times are MO-DO 09:00-17:00 and FR 09:00-12:00.
New customer requests:
E: firstname.lastname@example.org INTERNATIONAL: +43 5 7676 7676 AUSTRIA: 057676 5020 GERMANY: 08654 772280
We only support commercial customers. Reseller prices on request. We are happy to create your personal offer.
Follow the EURAFRI project:
- Web: https://eurafri.com
- RSS: https://eurafri.com/index.xml
- Mastodon: https://mastodon.ctseuro.com/@eurafri